If you’ve been in a car accident, consider hiring an auto accident lawyer in Lubbock, TX to help you get the settlement you deserve. The insurance company for the at-fault driver will offer you a settlement amount, but it’s recommended that you speak with an attorney before you accept their offer. When you speak with an attorney before accepting an offer from the insurance company, you can be sure that you’re getting a large enough settlement to cover all of the expenses from the accident. Some of the types of compensation you may need after a car accident include:
* Medical Bills – The settlement should cover both the medical bills you acquire immediately after the accident as well as any future medical bills. It’s important that you have future medical bills covered if you will require ongoing care.
* Car Repair Bills – Your car will need to be repaired or replaced. A settlement should include the full amount of repairs to restore your vehicle to the way it was before the accident or, if the car is too badly damaged, to replace your car.
* Lost Wages – You may have to miss work while you recover from the accident, or you may end up not being able to work again. The settlement should cover any wages you lose by not being able to work.
* Legal Fees – When you work with a lawyer, his fees will be paid out of your settlement offer. This is called a contingency fee basis, and it means that if you don’t win, your lawyer isn’t paid.
* Pain and Suffering – You may be entitled to extra money to financially compensate for the pain and suffering you went through to recover.
If you speak with an auto accident lawyer in Lubbock, TX before accepting a settlement from the insurance company, you can be sure that you’re getting the money you need. Most accident lawyers accept cases on a contingency basis, meaning they only get paid if you win, so there’s no reason you shouldn’t give them a call today.
Set up a consultation with Kyra K. Blankenship Attorney to see just how much more money you could get from your car accident if you work with an attorney instead of the insurance company.
Be the first to like.