Children are injured every day while they are at day-care centers. A one-year NIH study of 527 preschoolers in day-care centers found that 275 of those children were injured at least once. Fortunately, most of those injuries are minor. However, that is not always the case and parents should consult an Accident Attorney in Sheboygan, WI if their child is injured.
Choosing a day-care facility is a serious decision. Consider the following:
* Are there enough caregivers to care for the children? There should be no more than 5 children for every caregiver; if there are fewer children per caregiver that is much better. What sort of training have caregivers received? Did they pass background checks?
* Does the facility have proper safety standards and readily available first aid tools?
* Will it be possible for any children to wander away from the day-care center? What prevents that from happening? Overworked caregivers makes this possibility even more dangerous as a missing child might not be noticed for a while.
* What are the children given to eat and drink? If a child has a food allergy, how will the child be safeguarded from eating a dangerous food? Is drinking water readily available?
* Is there a policy in place strictly forbidding all forms of abuse, whether physical, sexual or emotional?
* Does the facility carry adequate insurance?
An extremely serious injury to a toddler in 2007 resulted in day-care centers to carry at least $200,000 in insurance. In this case, Gary Homsey represented the mother and discovered that the day-care center was not insured. While that toddler will always suffer as a result of the negligence of the day-care center, the discovery that day-care centers were not required at the time to carry insurance was uncovered by the work of this Accident Attorney in Sheboygan, WI.
The Roth & Basler, S.C. has been protecting the rights and achieving exceptional results for those injured because of another’s negligence. Those who believe that they need to consult an Accident Attorney in Sheboygan, WI can contact Roth & Basler, S.C. to schedule a free evaluation of their case.