Can a Lawyer in Allentown Help You Get Treatment?

by | Sep 10, 2014 | Lawyers

Recent Articles



If you’re addicted to drugs or alcohol, and you have committed a crime as a result, you may be worried about what will happen next. Especially when it’s your first criminal charge, you may be worried that the judge will send you to jail for years or that you’ll receive other harsh sentences along with a jail term. However, there may be an option where you can receive help instead of jail time. To find out if that is applicable for your case, you’re going to want to speak with a Lawyer Allentown as soon as possible after your arrest.

One alternative to jail time for a charge that includes drug or alcohol abuse may be to undergo treatment with conviction withheld. This is a legal way of saying if you receive treatment you will no longer have the conviction on your record. In some cases, the judge will sentence you to treatment and allow the conviction to be dropped, as long as you complete the treatment program. The judge will decide how long you will have to be in treatment for it to be considered completed.

In order t receive this sentence, you’re going to need to hire a Lawyer Allentown for help. They will work to convince the judge that you wouldn’t have committed the crime if you were not under the influence of drugs or alcohol. They will also work to convince the judge that treatment is the only option for you, as it is more effective than simply sending you to jail. If your lawyer is successful, you will receive detailed information on the types of treatment programs available as well as what you need to do to ensure your convictions are dropped.

A criminal charge resulting from drug or alcohol abuse doesn’t mean you’re going to have to serve a lengthy jail term. This may be especially true if this is your first criminal charge. If you have been charged with a crime and need help, look at the website¬† for more information. You can learn more about criminal charges or find a lawyer that will be able to help you with your case.


Related Articles