If you have a huge amount of personal debts, the law allows you to get debt relief in the form of filing for bankruptcy. However, despite the fact that this is seen by many people as the easiest way out of debt, it has to be done right because it has many far reaching consequences. Besides, if you are really desperate for some debt relief, you will not want to have a rejected petition. Here are some tips that will help you have an easy time filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Fairfield OH.
Get a lawyer
You will need the guidance of a bankruptcy attorney in the process. This is because the process can be quite complicated, and especially if you do not know about the requirements you may end up making mistakes. Before you start any part of the process, have a consultation with a lawyer about your financial status and make sure that you are making the right choice.
Know the requirements to file
There are people that try to use the process of filing for bankruptcy as a way to defraud the government and their business partners and other creditors. To make sure this does not happen often, the authorities have put in place certain preconditions that you have to meet to successfully file for bankruptcy. Here are a few of those conditions:
* You have to have evidence that your income level is equal to or less than the median for Ohio.
* You must be ready to provide a statement of all you assets and also your expenditures. Hiding personal assets from the authorities or trying to pass them on to relatives will get you disqualified.
* You must list all your creditors and the amounts of money that you owe them.
* You must be willing to attend doubt counseling sessions with an accredited debt counseling body.
* You must not have unsuccessfully filed for another bankruptcy for 180 days prior to the current filing.
These are the things that you need to fulfill to be successful at your bankruptcy case. A good lawyer will see you through the whole process and make sure that you are successful. Dean Snyder Attorney At Law is one of the state’s best bankruptcy attorneys. you can reach him at http://Deansnyderattorney.com.
Be the first to like.